Sunday, October 27, 2013

a chalet style birthday...



My birthday is today. The big 3-2.  Actually it's not that big, but it felt big in the very special kind of way seeing as how so many people helped me celebrate it.  Dominic and I decided that a weekend at his mother's chalet was the perfect weekend away for us.  I like low-key celebrations, just the two of us, where we get to spend some good quality time together. And that's exactly what we did. We went off the grid all weekend long. No cell phones. No internet. Just us.  Can we do this more often please??

 As you can see from my photos, it really is such a peaceful place.  We did head back in to civilization on Saturday though, as we wanted to head out for a nice dinner and dessert.  So we dressed up, and headed out for sushi.


I debated over my Bernie Dexter sundae dress and my modcloth pie dress for a birthday outfit.  They're both very birthday-ish, and I love wearing both of them.  Bernie Dexter won out in the end, because I feel dressier in it, and the low neck line adds to the sexiness, so I thought it was more date night appropriate.  I did switch up my regular outfit with my new bait shoes, as oppose to my regular red chelsea crews that I normally sport with this dress.



Dominic put on one of my faves of his shirts, a vintage-style harley davidson button up, with some big bill pants and some sneaks. 
  
     cardigan: local shop
     dress: bernie dexter via modcloth
     belt & flower: forever 21
     shoes: bait footwear (on sale!)

 

I had an amazing birthday weekend with this guy, filled with lots of love, relaxation, yummy food, and getting spoiled rotten.  I'm seriously so lucky to have him.




1 comment:

  1. AH I love this dress on you, and it's perfect for a birthday! It's been on my wish list for a while, and I would have worn it with the same shoes from BAIT! :) You and your man look perfect together!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete