Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Christmas Season...


Today is officially Christmas Season in our house.  I always wait until the day after Remembrance Day to decorate, so it's also a date that I get excited for.  So excited, in fact, that I took the day off work to stay home and decorate all day and really enjoy it.
 

 In the spirit of Christmas, I decided to wear my new Christmas dress for today's post, since I'm not ready to post pictures of the decor yet (soon, I promise, but it's not finished yet).  Every year I buy a new Christmas dress to wear to my staff party and my family Christmas.  I'm not sure if I'll wear this one to the staff party, as it's pretty low cut, and I have a nice black Audrey Hepburn style dress that I've barely worn yet, but this one definitely will get some Christmas events.


 It's another Bernie Dexter dress, which I scored on eBay before she took her shop down.  This one needs a bit of alteration.  The chest and shoulders on her dresses with sleeves seem to run larger than other styles, so it's quite a bit loose on me, but not to the point that I could size down because the waist is it's usual size, which fits.  Another note: it's much brighter than I anticipated.  I thought it was going to be a light green/aqua, but in fact it's quite a bright/dark blue/teal.  It's still very pretty, but it has more of a spanish influence to it than vintage.  I'm looking forward to wearing it casually with a cardigan over top.  It has so many fun colours in it that it'll be fun to switch up.


      dress: bernie dexter
      shoes: chelsea crew via modcloth

No comments:

Post a Comment