Friday, May 30, 2014

Cacti & raspberries...


I'm not going to lie... becoming a member of the Flock Together ladies definitely has it's perks! Getting to style new outfits without actually buying new items? Brilliant! It's especially fun when you get to try out styles that are out of your comfort zone.  When I spotted this top from Dus, I had to try it out. It was just so fun! Well, let me tell you, it was torture sending it back. I'm regretting that I didn't buy it from her fair trade shop, Mitla Moda.  It's so breezy! It would be amazing on hot days with a nice breeze. 


top: Dus from Cuddly Cacti
skirt: Ruche
belt: Forever 21


When I styled this outfit and looked in the mirror, I immediately thought of a lady gardening, or shopping for flowers. Hence the photos in our raspberry bushes. They're finally starting to bud.  Spring is so late here this year, with the long winter we had.  And as you can spot in the background, Dominic has been a busy bee the last few weeks.  We purchased that parcel of land in January. It used to be filled with trees and shrubs, but he's been working hard to clear it out so it will become more useful for us.  I'm definitely looking forward to an extended backyard.  We'll eventually hang some hammocks, and make it a relaxing place to be! 





post signature

6 comments:

  1. Love this look, Jana! And yes to swapping. It's such a great way to try new styles or just get fun new clothes!! Happiest Friday, lovey!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the breezy, yet ladylike way you styled her top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with the skirt! Swapping sounds fun! Its like getting a whole new wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I just wanted to say I love your blog, it shows such a great evolution of you and your style. I am a new follower of yours, and I wondered if you'd check out my blog: http://petitefemmenoir90.blogspot.com/ and consider following me? Thanks! <3

    ReplyDelete