Monday, November 24, 2014

Merry Monday!


Merry Monday everyone! It's officially one month until my favourite day of the year! Christmas Eve! I have to say, it's great timing as well. If you didn't notice, and I hope you didn't, I missed my Winter Wednesday last week. With that in mind, I decided to post a Christmas outfit today in it's place! And in trying to make up for last week, I'm even posting one of my favourite Christmas dresses! 


dress: Bettie Page/Tatyana via swap (available at ModCloth)
shoes: borrowed from Melissa
necklace: gift
petticoat: american apparel


I have to admit, I didn't have any intentions on getting this dress, especially with the $150US price tag. It happened by fluke in a swap. I had a pair of beautiful mint shoes that I just couldn't walk in on my swap board, and the girl who was interested in them only had this dress available. I agreed to the swap so she could get the shoes, and my plan was to re-swap this dress, especially since it was a size too big. When it arrived, I loved it. But the problem remained: it was a size too big. My seamstress said she could fix it for me, even with the detail at the top, and as promised, it now fits like a glove.


This dress is the perfect holiday dress. It's a vibrant red and has just the perfect amount of detailing! I think this may just be my Christmas Eve dress this year! I'm also going to admit it: it's worth the regular priced amount. The fabric is thick and a great quality, it's well made, and the twirl factor alone... I didn't take any twirling pics this time, but I definitely will on Christmas Eve!







post signature

5 comments:

  1. Oh Jana, these photos are so dreamy! I'd never purchase one of these dresses myself either, but it looks great on you -- and I know the exact mint shoes you mean (I can't walk in them either but I can't bear to part with them!). And your tree is beautiful!

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I know it IS a picture but the instant upon seeing this the phrase "You look pretty as a picture" popped right into my head. One of my grandmother's saying, but you really do- like a photo of quintessential Christmas!

    Also, yay that the seamstress fixed the issue. It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Choi co tuong online trên web GameBai.Net để thử sức với nhiều cao thủ. Giao lưu học hỏi với nhiều bạn bè yêu thích đánh co tuong trực tuyến.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lift that dress up!!!

    ReplyDelete